Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Great Places for a Couple to Visit

Posted by thewanderer on 25/8/2011 at 19:15

Hi

I'm visiting SE Asia this winter for 7 weeks with my girlfriend. We're not massively fussed about the Full Moon Parties and drinking every night we're in Thailand, which unfortunately seems to be all any of my friends talk about, that have been there.

What we're looking for is some awesome islands to relax on and beautiful, safe places to visit.

Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

Cheers

The Wanderer

#1 thewanderer has been a member since 25/8/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by idreamofdurian on 25/8/2011 at 21:11 TF writer

How much of that 7 weeks do you plan on relaxing on the islands? If you have lots of time for island hopping, I'd suggest working your way down the west coast.

i.e. Khao Lak. one of the northern beaches on Phuket (Surin, Bangtao), anywhere other than the main beach on Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Koh Tarutao or Koh Bulon...

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by MADMAC on 25/8/2011 at 21:17

I don't know if you are interested in non-beach locations, but this place is excellent for couples:

http://www.atsiam.com/hotels/ubon_ratchathani/tohsang_khongjiam_resort_and_spa_thailand.asp

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 25/8/2011 at 21:21

Here's a better link - sorry for the double post:

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/isan/khongjiam/

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by laurenladky on 26/8/2011 at 12:50

Definitely check out the islands on the Northwest coast.. Koh Chang. And then head down to Taratau national park (Koh Lipe and surrounding islands). Enjoy! Wish I was back over there so enjoy it for all of us!

#5 laurenladky has been a member since 27/1/2011. Posts: 32

Posted by kat_thailand on 26/8/2011 at 20:31

for super quiets you should check national parks.. they all offer accommodations and are usually very quiet (except on thai national holidays)

apart from that i can recommend koh kood island and koh mak on the east... they are both pretty quiet and attracts an older crowd (in their 30s)

enjoy

#6 kat_thailand has been a member since 10/8/2011. Posts: 6
 Send kat_thailand a private message   Website 

Posted by guava_girl on 27/8/2011 at 09:09

Just to correct an above post Khao Lak is not in Phuket but in Phangna province and is around 1.5 hour north of Phuket island. But it is a good place to go for a few days. From there you can then go to Khao Sok National Park.

Although Koh Phangan gets a lot of hype concerning the FMP it is actually a beautiful island and excellent for couples. If you head to the northern part of the island you will avoid most of the young party goers and will be able to relax on some stunning beaches. There is plenty to do other than party like Yoga, diving, snorkelling, kiteboarding, Muay Thai, etc

Also agree that you should have a look at the islands in the far south west of Thailand in Trang and Satun provinces as well as thise further north like Koh Pratong, Koh Ko Kao, Koh Chang and Koh Payam.

#7 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.