Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Rupiah to Baht

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 4/9/2011 at 15:07

Has anyone been able to change Indonesian Rupiah into Thai Baht at the exchange kiosks, or do they generally not accept it?

#1 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by goonistik on 5/9/2011 at 09:35

Super Rich has a rate for baht/rupiah exchange in their website.
http://www.superrich1965.com/app/our_rates.aspx

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 5/9/2011 at 14:40

Well, that's promising. Although I don't recall ever seeing a Super-rich in Phuket (where I'll likely be trying to make the exchange).

Kasikorn et al probably offer the same thing.

#3 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by SBE on 5/9/2011 at 15:42

Super Rich is a money changer. Money changers give you better rates and they often accept currencies that banks don't...like Scottish pound notes.

Kasikorn is a bank. You'll get lower rates that at a money changer but they still probably take Rupiah..AFAIK Indonesian Rupiah is exchangeable outside Indonesia, (unlike Kip, Dong, Kyat, Scottish pound notes etc).

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 7/9/2011 at 23:07

Well, after paying bribes to some of Bali's finest traffic cops, I barely had any Rupiah left to exchange anyway.

#5 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by busylizzy on 8/9/2011 at 03:49

Cranky - you didn't actually pay did you?? I successfully managed to talk my way out of two traffic fines.. but it took 1/2 hour of patiently chatting on the side of the road......

#6 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.