Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to stay for FMP November??!

Posted by verityandscott on 6/9/2011 at 05:14

Hey everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend are planning a trip to Thailand for a month in November and we're starting out with the big FMP - it does have to be done after all doesn't it??

We are stuck however with deciding if we should stay on Ko Pha-Ngan or stay on Ko Samui and just pop over for the party as it were. We're only planning on spending 5 days around these islands and want to make the most it :)

Budget etc doesn't really matter (within reason!!) as it's our 1st week we just want to make the most of it! Any help would be very much appreciated thank you, and any further advice in regards to 'must see and dos' would be great also!

V&S x

#1 verityandscott has been a member since 16/7/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 1

Posted by guava_girl on 6/9/2011 at 09:37

If I had to choose I would stay on Koh Phangan. But I am not a big fan of Koh Samui. As well, it will be monsoon season and if the sea is rough you will not be able to get to the FMP from Samui.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by Speedymeany on 12/9/2011 at 22:05

Yeah, stay in Koh Phangan. Beats being in Koh Samui and not being able to get across. Besides, Koh Samui is kinda boring imo. If you need a good place, Neptune's Villas is real good! I was there last June and it was an awesome experience.

#3 Speedymeany has been a member since 27/8/2011. Location: Singapore. Posts: 15

Posted by ChowChow on 25/9/2011 at 18:04

Has anyone booked accommodation on Koh Phangan via phangan.info?

Is it an ok website to use?

Also Black & White Bungalows. Anyone know anything about them. I booked it but can't find much info on the net re the bungalows.

#4 ChowChow has been a member since 25/9/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by Captain_Bob on 25/9/2011 at 23:16

"if we should stay on Ko Pha-Ngan or stay on Ko Samui and just pop over for the party"

Definitely stay on Ko Phangan and allow some leeway for getting on/off the island if weather gets stormy (boats have crashed, people have drowned the day after FMP when overloaded with hungover people in stormy seas). Usually better chance of good weather down the west coast in November.

#5 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,903

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.