Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

My Thai itinerary

Posted by MADMAC on 8/9/2011 at 09:55

What do you think?

Flew to Bangkok on 1 June, 2007.

3 days in Bangkok.

Drove to Yasothon.

2 Months in Yasothon.

Drove to Mukdahan.

4 years plus in Mukdahan. Every six months or so go to Bangkok to get a proof of income statement or attend the salsa festival.

Decided to stay on vacation forever.

Thoughts? Does it look too rushed?

#1 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by exacto on 8/9/2011 at 11:12

this sounds about right to me. not too rushed and plenty of time to relax and see the sights, raise a family, that sort of thing.

nine days out of ten i envy you, and had a few major events in my life gone differently, i could easily be doing something quite similar, although for me it would likely be in Nong Khai or Trat. we're about the same age, so i suppose there is still time.

do you have plans to explore other areas of Thailand, or are you happy with the occasional motorcycle ride through the area?

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,651
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Geezy on 9/9/2011 at 20:03

Hi MADMAC

Did you just decide to stay there? Was it ever in your plan to go back home? How did you do it? Did you just get a job outhere and then decide to stay? How old were you when you left?

Sorry for all the questions but I find stories like this inspirational.

Ta man
Geezy

#3 Geezy has been a member since 27/7/2009. Posts: 48

Posted by MADMAC on 9/9/2011 at 20:55

Exacto
I like to travel around Issan on my bike. That's about it for me. I like this area and it's BIG.

Geezy
I'm a retired soldier, so I have a steady income. My wife (whom I met in Germany) comes from Yasothon. So when I retired I decided to come out here. I was 46 when I moved here. Now I teach dance, which I was doing in Germany before I retired.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.