Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trang- Where to stay and do?

Posted by meeshakar on 16/9/2011 at 00:49

Hi all,

We have a 3 week trip coming up in February, 2 weeks in Cambodia and we would like to spend a week in Trang, Thailand. Anyone know of a good beachside bungalow that is in Trang that you love? I went to Kho Phi Phi 2 years ago and we found this gem of a place called Ah Koh Tao. Just a decent bugalow, no electricity in the day, shower over the toilet, but right on the beach and felt like pure heaven. So any suggestions would be great.

Also since we are there for a week, if there are any must see or must do's, would love to know about them too.

Thanks so much!

#1 meeshakar has been a member since 25/7/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 21
 Send meeshakar a private message 

Posted by travellingsarah on 16/9/2011 at 08:30 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

I assume you mean the islands near Trang rather than Trang town itself? We stayed in a hut on Koh Muk for a week but I wouldn't say it was heaven! The main problem was that the electricity was only on for a few hours a day and sleeping with no fan was not a lot of fun. And the bed was one of the least comfortable I've slept in. Loved Koh Muk but the only accommodation on the beach is Charlie Resort, which isn't cheap.There are a couple of places set back off the beach though - Rubber Tree Bungalows would have been our choice but was full --, or head to the other side of the island to Coco Beach - lovely huts for around 700B when we were there.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by busylizzy on 16/9/2011 at 09:07

Koh Kradan.

I replied to a post recently about this - check out the Thai forum threads.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.