Stayed 3 times in HQ hostel and still, I will go back everytime I visit BKK. Each time I stayed in the 10-bed dorm room (A Type).
1) Each dorm room has the icecold AC and yay, we got the remote!
2) Pillowcase & Sheets are super clean and pure white!
3) Pillow, mattress and the duvet are just too lovely!
4) Clean and big bathrooms!
5) Large common area
6) Nice cafe serves coffee n cakes are available next to the receiption at a very resonable price!
7) Free Wifi
5 mins walking distance to the airport shuttle bus (its about 25% of the cost compare taxi !)
9) A nice bar is about 5 mins far from the hostel
#1 Amandali97 has been a member since 12/9/2011. Posts: 1
Some people like hostels and some do not. Personally I prefer a hotel room all to myself even if it is a cheap place. I do not like to share showers and toilets with strangers. I like my own TV. I even like to walk around in my undershorts and t-shirt. Guess I prefer my privacy!
Even in Bangkok you can find cheap hotels/guesthouses starting around 600 baht. These are rooms with air and private toilet and TV. For Bangkok I prefer to be within a short walk from the Skytrain.
Different strokes - different folks!