Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Traveling to Thailand Oct 21 - Dec 21

Posted by Lou27 on 28/9/2011 at 23:03

Hey Everyone,

27 yo male traveling to Thailand for the first time in October until December 21.

Going to start 3 days in Bangkok then head to Chiang Mai for a while, then south to the beaches.

Anybody traveling during this time want to meet up?

Cheers!

#1 Lou27 has been a member since 28/9/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by sirhalberd on 30/9/2011 at 02:22

"Anybody traveling during this time want to meet up?"

Millions of tourists will be in Thailand during this time.

Besides the obvious places, like bars, where men meet women and other tourists, you will also meet tourists on tours. In Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai , you can sign up for tours through local travel agencies. On these tours most of the time they use smaller 9 or 10 passenger vans. You meet people on those vans.

For Bangkok you might consider a hotel in the Sukhumvit area. In that area you will find hotels at various prices as well as good restaurants. Also, malls, street vendors, nightlife and travel agencies for tours. One advantage of this area over other areas (like Khao San Road) is the use of the Skytrain. That is an overhead rail service that connects many important sections of Bangkok. Including Ekamai bus terminal, subway for the ride to the Hualamphong train station, as well as connect with the Airport Rail Link. The trains run from 0600 to midnight.

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

For Chiang Mai taking the overnight sleeper train is popular. If you want this berth get the ticket as soon as possible. Those sleeper cars sell out quickly.

Anytime you need hotel recommendations also say what your budget is like. Most likely someone can suggest a place that fits your budget.

Good luck.

#2 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Posted by Lo87 on 1/10/2011 at 17:56

Hey,

I will be flying into Bangkok on the 16th Oct and then spending 3 weeks or so around central/northern thailand. If we are around the same place/same time then I'd be up for meeting up. Send me a message and let me know your plans x

#3 Lo87 has been a member since 30/9/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 10
 Send Lo87 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.