Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Paradise in Southern Thailand

Posted by merrylg on 12/2/2007 at 01:59

My husband and I stayed at the Haadson Resort in Khao Lak Thailand for a week over christmas 2007 and had a wonderful time (Island Villa). (This small resport is not currently in the recommended list for Khao Lak, but it should be...perhaps it's too new?) The resort has fully recovered from the tsunami, is very nicely designed in a modern clean asthetic that conveys warmth and luxury, and is nicely situated in a coconut plantation, within a lagoon. The location is very quiet and secluded aside a large beautiful beach. It is about 15km from Khao Lak Town and Takua Pa, but you can easily and cheapily rent a moped for day trips. The rooms are clean and bright, with indoor and outdoor showers. There is a nice pool and the restaraunt in excellent (we even received a free cooking class - and the penang curry was the best I have ever had). The staff (and owners) are super attentive and pleasant, always smiling and asking if they can be of any assistance. Lastly, the owners, knowing that our stay was part of our honeymoon, placed flowers in our room, a complimentary bottle of wine, and small gifts upon our arrival. You can use their bikes, access the internet, and have massages by the pool. We would go back and would recommend the Haadson to others looking for a peaceful, quiet, relaxing, tropical vacation by the gourgeous Andaman Sea; in the end, the hotel and the location far exceeded our expectation based on the pictures from their website.

#1 merrylg has been a member since 17/11/2006. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.