Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trip Report: Khanom Beaches and Sichon Beaches

Posted by WonderingTsar on 9/10/2011 at 08:53

I just did a big trip up and down the Khanom and Sichon coast. Wanna read the trip report ?

Khanom and Sichon are coastal towns between Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat in South East Thailand. Khanom beaches are often mentioned on travel forums as a top-spot to find empty, naturalistic, beautiful beaches. Googling turns up words like ‘perfection’, and ‘paradise’.

I decided to check them out for myself.

This is a pretty long account of that motorcycle trip, giving lots of info and pictures from the 80ish km of coastline from near Don Sak in the North to Nakhon Si Thammarat in the South......

Read the full thing here

#1 WonderingTsar has been a member since 28/1/2010. Posts: 31
 Send WonderingTsar a private message 

Posted by Tilapia on 10/10/2011 at 00:55

Excellent! Fantastic job!

Those 4-storey concrete towers are for nesting swiftlets. Guess it's easier to get their nests from these things than from 150 feet up in some cave above shark-infested waters on a rickety bamboo ladder. But where's the romance?!?!

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,507
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.