Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Christmas in the South Islands

Posted by floogagoo on 11/10/2011 at 04:18

Me and the other half are spending late December, early January down in the south Islands. We have Christmas sorted and are staying in Where Else? Koh Lanta as it looks a bit quiet and hippiesque and well, we're a bit like that I suppose. Anyway I dont know were to spend New years but we fancy somewhere a bit busier, not necessarily Phuket though. We're both 25 in case that makes us sound old by the way. Any Suggestions eh?

#1 floogagoo has been a member since 16/5/2011. Location: Ireland. Posts: 2
 Send floogagoo a private message 

Posted by guava_girl on 12/10/2011 at 06:23

Why not stay put in Lanta? Otherwise Krabi is close by and Phuket is another good option.
Phi Phi is busier than Lanta and easy enough to get to.

Otherwise head to BKK or Koh Phangan.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by 9preciousGems on 12/10/2011 at 22:00

old at 25 - you must be kidding

#3 9preciousGems has been a member since 13/1/2011. Posts: 82

Posted by travla on 17/10/2011 at 04:48

Lanta is an awesome place and there will be several beach parties over this period, a good choice for sure. In my opinion Phuket is a #%$# hole!

#4 travla has been a member since 5/10/2011. Posts: 6
 Send travla a private message 

Posted by cocopops on 18/10/2011 at 02:58

we are on lanta for NY so i am following this thread! we are 44, 15 12 and 8!

#5 cocopops has been a member since 16/10/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by floogagoo on 18/10/2011 at 03:08

Awesome, Ive been looking at loads of stuff for Lanta it does look like the place to be. And yea Travia, I don't look like the look of Phuket, iv heard its a bit like an Ibiza kind of place. If we like Koh Lanta we'll stay for NY too it looks like there's plenty of places to stay. I cant wait, It'll be snowing and frozen at home by then and ill be at a beach with my Santa hat on. Nice.

#6 floogagoo has been a member since 16/5/2011. Location: Ireland. Posts: 2
 Send floogagoo a private message 

Posted by menymicke on 31/10/2011 at 17:37

I am planning to spend a night in Colmar! The town centre is beautifully lit in the evenings in the Christmas period!

Julbord i Malmö | Malmös bästa julbord

#7 menymicke has been a member since 31/10/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by islandlover on 15/11/2011 at 04:06

If you are interested in something very different for NY but not party then look at this website www.freedom-adventures.net They are based in Kantiang Bay on Ko Lanta and are running a camping trip to the deserted island of Ko Rok on 31December returning 1st Jan.

#8 islandlover has been a member since 15/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by whardy on 16/11/2011 at 00:14

Koh Lanta will be plenty busy around New Years. The challenge will be to find a quiet corner to yourselves, but that should be much easier to do there than most places down south. There will be parties there, no doubt at Funky Monkey, but if you want a rager, head to Phi Phi. Just don't be surprised if you find yourself longing for Koh Lanta after the Red Bull and whiskey wear off and you've woken up face down in the sand, surrounded by aggressive ladyboys and littered buckets, and your friends ditched you to take the early ferry back (wait, what was the question again? ;P) Koh Lanta all the way, you won't regret it.

#9 whardy has been a member since 14/11/2011. Posts: 66

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.