Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok Buses

Posted by emblenworldtour on 13/10/2011 at 04:44

Hi All

I was hoping someone can help me. I'm arriving in Bangkok in Jan and want to get the overnight bus from the new southern bus terminal to Koh Phangan. I've used this service the other way a couple of times but I cannot find out which local bus to catch to the new Southern Bus terminal from Siam Sq or Victory Monument to buy my tickets.

I have seen from a translated version of the Thai Transport Co website that there may be a way to buy tickets in Bangkok, at various Supermarkets for example, does anyone know if this is true? I do not want to use travel agents as I have been ripped off so many times in Thailand I'd rather go to the terminal a couple of days before I need to travel if there are not any ticket outlets in the City.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Chris

#1 emblenworldtour has been a member since 13/10/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by wanderingcat on 13/10/2011 at 08:12

I have seen from a translated version of the Thai Transport Co website that there may be a way to buy tickets in Bangkok, at various Supermarkets for example, does anyone know if this is true?

ThaiTicketMajor (TTM) provides this ticketing service for Transport Co., & also the whole Major chain of cineplexes (that's why most of their outlets are in malls) & for other events/performances/concerts. have used them for advance purchase of long distance (inter-province) Transport Co. bus tickets before - they'll issue you a voucher (identical to computer printed movie/concert tickets) that you then exchange for an actual bus ticket at the bus station's TTM booth on the day of travel. there was a 40 baht fee per ticket (not sure if it has increased) & you can select your seat. you can even purchase tickets online through TTM & pick them up from post offices in Thailand or have them mailed to you - however you need a Thai ID to register & only the Thai version of their website seems to work.

#2 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by emblenworldtour on 13/10/2011 at 21:34

Thanks wanderingcat, thats great information. I'm going to try that route as I have a couple of days spare and it saves the fare getting out to the bus station.

#3 emblenworldtour has been a member since 13/10/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by altmtl on 13/10/2011 at 22:23

I prefer the train - :)

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Captain_Bob on 14/10/2011 at 12:17

"I prefer the train"

Not now you dont ;-)

#5 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,903

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.