Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to stay on West Railay Bay

Posted by tijana88 on 24/10/2011 at 10:04

Hi everyone,

I will be in Thailand around November 9 and am hoping to spend a couple of days in Bangkok (if the flooding gets under control by then) and then make my way to Railay Beach. I heard West Railay beach is the nicest. Can anyone recommend cool places to stay? I am a 27-year old female, traveling by myself so I'm looking for a friendly atmosphere but also somewhere where I can relax. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#1 tijana88 has been a member since 27/9/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by frasmc on 24/10/2011 at 12:01

You will probably find it easier to meet people on East Railay, which has more of a backpacker scene than upmarket West Railey, but pretty much anywhere on West Railay will be great for relaxing since rooms and bungalows tend to be nicer. Note that it is only a couple minutes walk from one to the other, and 10 minutes to the nicest beach towards the end of the peninsula, so you are by no means limiting your ability to enjoy the beach and sunsets at West Railay by not staying there. My personal recommendation is YaYa on East Railey, which is one of the closest to the main path to West Railay.

#2 frasmc has been a member since 28/11/2005. Posts: 29
 Send frasmc a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by tijana88 on 24/10/2011 at 23:48

Thanks! Also, are beaches nicer in Krabi or on Koh Phangan? And what is the best way to get from Krabi to Koh Phangan?

Thanks

#3 tijana88 has been a member since 27/9/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by elocinoop on 29/10/2011 at 01:04

Tijana88: so strange, you have the exact same itinerary as me! I am currently booked to fly into Bangkok on Nov 9, and then was scheduled to fly into Krabi enroute to Railay Beach for 5 nights a few days later.

However, due to the increased flooding situation - I think I might head south immediately on Nov 9. I'm concerned about the water safety (disease; sewage) etc.... Are you still planning on staying in Bangkok?

#4 elocinoop has been a member since 28/6/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by tijana88 on 4/11/2011 at 08:59

Posted from within Vietnam.

elocinoop, I am no longer planning on staying in Bangkok. I just booked my flight to Krabi and I get there November 7. Still no clue where to stay or how long I am staying for. I am looking for suggestions for places to stay so please let me know if you have any recommendations!

#5 tijana88 has been a member since 27/9/2011. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.