Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Tourist Visa Questions

Posted by jp686 on 27/10/2011 at 13:38

I'm planning to apply for a 60 day tourist visa.

Before applying do I need to book flights into and out of Thailand or can I do that after I have the visa?

Approximately how long does the visa application process take?

If I decide that I want to stay for longer than 60 days I believe I can apply for an additional 30 days whilst in Thailand. Is this just a formality or will I have to provide some kind of proof that I require an extra 30 days in Thailand?

#1 jp686 has been a member since 15/9/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by Captain_Bob on 27/10/2011 at 14:03

Prerequisites for getting a tourist visa like proof of flights in/out depend on where you apply. Different Thai consulates have different rules so you need to ask them.

A 30-day extension on your visa is a simple formality at any Thai Immigration office. Fill out a 1-page form, provide one photo plus photocopies of your passport and pay 1900 baht.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by jp686 on 27/10/2011 at 21:32

Thanks Captain. I'm going to pay a visit to The Royal Thai Embassy (London) next week.

#3 jp686 has been a member since 15/9/2011. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.