Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Need Help Planning NYE 11/12

Posted by Kamacazie on 4/11/2011 at 11:20

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this... but I'm planning to travel to Thailand and would ideally love to hit one of the famous New/Full Moon parties... I'm travling Dec 28 (arriving Dec 29) staying through Jan 2 2012. I looked at the package deals and it looks like you spend a lot more for very little value, but that said, I am flying blind here...

I'm looking for any help to 1. Find a party; 2. Choose a place to stay; 3. Estimate the costs; 4. Anything else I may need for the trip...

I'm also traveling with my traveling partner and would love a gay-friendly place

Can anyone help?

#1 Kamacazie has been a member since 4/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by guava_girl on 7/11/2011 at 20:08

If you steer clear of the Haad Rin/Baan Tai/Baan Khai area you will find that there are plenty of options. Those areas are aimed at party goers as it is where they take place.

Things are already starting to fill up for the NYE time so I suggest you book accomodations ASAP. Have a look at They have the most up to date info on the island. You can read about each beach and it should answer all of your questions.

Thailand is pretty gay friendly so I think you will be fine anywhere that you go.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by MADMAC on 8/11/2011 at 03:23

He's looking for a party. Why would he steer clear of where the party places are?

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by guava_girl on 12/11/2011 at 00:16

He says 'it looks like you spend a lot more for very little value'. So I am suggesting he looks at other beaches to get better value for his money.

#4 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.