Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

East Coast to West Coast!

Posted by Glome on 5/11/2011 at 12:58

Hi,

We land in Bangkok on the 28th November, after 2 days there we are traveling down to Ko Chang spending about a week there. We are then planning to go to Ko Tao/Pha-Ngan/Samui but don't want to travel back up to Bangkok to get there. Can anyone advise if there is a way to get there without going back to Bangkok that won't brake the bank?

We are also planning to stay around Krabi for Christmas & New Yea, any suggestions on where to stay would ne welcomed.

Thanks
Lisa

#1 Glome has been a member since 10/10/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by eastwest on 6/11/2011 at 00:10

From Ko Chang to the south it's difficult to avoid BKK. Only option would be to fly from Pattaya airport to Phuket but somehow I get the feeling that you're not looking for that and I don't think it's worth it with Pattaya being so close to BKK.

I'd say take a bus to BKK and head straight to the train station and get yourself a seat/bed on a southbound train. I'm sure some of the Thailand experts here can give you more detailed information.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by Captain_Bob on 6/11/2011 at 00:27

Hopefully the flood situation around Bangkok will be sorted out by the end of the month, but anyway you can't avoid going back there unless you fly. Trat and Samui airports are privately owned by Bangkok Airways and it's expensive. Only other options are by bus - to the Ekamai (eastern) bus station at lower Sukhumvit road, or tourist minivans that usually drop off near Khao San Road. Then get a train or bus south. Right now the Sai Tai Mai southern bus station has been relocated and south-bound trains go by bus first to Nakhon Pathom but again by late Nov it should be back to normal.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,893

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.