Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bungalows in Ko Phi Phi

Posted by mistykpaige on 21/11/2011 at 07:35

Hi there!

I'm going to be staying on Ko Phi Phi for about 4-5 nights in January. Normally I'd just show up and try to find a decent place once I got there but 2 things make me think I should book in advance for this trip. A) I'm traveling over Lunar New Year and B) I'll be traveling with my mom. She's an adventurous traveler but I don't want to get stuck in a dogdy place for her first trip to Thailand.

I've looked at a lot of the places listed on this site but would love to get some input from someone who has been there. I prefer staying in a bungalow or something similar rather than a standard hotel/resort. Also, I've heard that the area right around Ton Sai can be quite loud at nights, so maybe something a short walk away. I'm kinda wanting to keep it under 1200 baht if possible. Anyone have any recommendations?

#1 mistykpaige has been a member since 26/6/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/11/2011 at 16:44 admin

I was on Ko Phi Phi a coupla monthes ago -- and visited all the places listed here on TF -- so I have been there ;-)

For 1,200 baht a night, in early January, and not wanting a dump, I'd absolutely be booking in advance. Did you see the following story:

Best places on PhiPhi

Should be a good starting point -- let me know if you've specific questions about any of the places listed.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.