Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

airport to ayuthaya?

Posted by nigatu on 20/2/2007 at 14:53

hello
is there any direct public transportation from the new bkk airport suvarnabhumi to ayuthaya? what is the easiest way to get there?
thanks

#1 nigatu has been a member since 7/2/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/2/2007 at 15:34 admin

You can get a bus from Suvarnabhumi to Bangkok's northern bus station (Morchit) and from there a bus to Ayuthaya.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by nigatu on 22/2/2007 at 13:53

thank you, somtam!
could you tell me the approximate duration of such a trip?

#3 nigatu has been a member since 7/2/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by canidas on 22/2/2007 at 20:33

According to the Issan trip planner on this site (https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-northeast-tour)
it's about 1:30 h by bus or 1:45 by train.

I'm also going to Thailand next week arriving at the new airport and planning to head on directly to Ayutthaya.
You can either take the train from Hua Lampong (as far as i read they leave aproximatly every hour) or taking the Bus from Mor Chit (Nothern Bus station... buses going every 20 minutes i think).
The advantage of Hua Lampong would be that you can get there via airport-express bus

#4 canidas has been a member since 15/2/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/2/2007 at 09:35 admin

Good point by candidas for taking airport bus to Hualamphong - I didn't think of that.

nigatu, bus from new airport to Morchit, will take 30 minutes to 2 hours -- toally dependent on traffic -- sorry can't be more exact than that!

You may want to check with your travel agent to find out which Bangkok airport you'll be using as it is looking almost for sure that the old airport is going to reopen.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.