Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Have you been to Ranong?

Posted by altmtl on 25/11/2011 at 10:48

In January I'll be heading to the beaches of Koh Phayam and Koh Chang and was thinking of going to nearby Ranong for Chinese New Year. I see no point of leaving the area ahead of schedule to go to BK!

I'd just like a few opinions on the place, and of course I'll be visiting the Hot Springs - :)

#1 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 996
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by mikethediver on 26/11/2011 at 12:03

Hi,
Been there many times for visa runs to Burma. Spent a few days there some times. Fairly unremarkable Thai town. I would have thought there were better places to spend New Year like Kanchanauri, the beaches near Chumphon, or Trat if you are going to Koh Chang.
However,others may differ in their experiences.
Mike

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Posted by altmtl on 26/11/2011 at 15:59

It was just a thought, but I'm open to suggestions... I was talking about little Koh Chang, not big Koh Chang, Closer to Chumphon would suit me.

#3 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 996

Posted by altmtl on 17/1/2012 at 07:50

After 11 days on Koh Phayam (I axed little Koh Chang) I will be going to Ranong on the 22nd & staying two nights for Chinese New Year, then heading back to BK by night train from Chumphon. Mini bus is 120 baht from Ranong. Axed the idea of the night bus as well.

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 996

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.