Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Phi Phi January 2012

Posted by HannahC7 on 28/11/2011 at 09:06

Hey,

I am 22 female and traveling solo to thailand arriving in Bangkok on 28th Dec and going straight down to Koh Phi Phi for some beaching and for new years!
Does anyone have any advice on where to stay? I want to meet people and be near nightlife without it being too scabby! I had heard of The Rock ? Has anyone stayed here before?
Will also be going on to Koh Phangan on 3rd for full moon party on the 8th staying at Coral Bungalows if anyone else is going then would be good to meet up! :)

Thanks,

Hannah

#1 HannahC7 has been a member since 28/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 4/12/2011 at 00:35

Hannah, the general consensus of The Rock is rough and ready.
I suggest you check travelfish's island report for the budget places in and near what the reviewer calls Soi Viewpoint which is quiet but close to the action.
Last time I stayed in the area was at Sand Sea View a nice budget flashpacker joint down the far west end of Ton Sai beach near the soaring headland cliffs where the sand and water is surprisingly nice - 10 minutes walk to town.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by HannahC7 on 5/12/2011 at 09:53

Thanks for the advice, I will check out Soi Viewpoint :)

#3 HannahC7 has been a member since 28/11/2011. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.