I am planning to spend 3 weeks in Thailand in May, incorporating a bit of Laos as well. It is my first trip to Asia and I am hoping it will be amazing. But...that is dependent on me getting it right! So...Any advice or tips based on my itinierary would be very much appreciated. Especially if you think it is ambitious or i'm getting it wrong! It is so far...:
- Start off in Bangkok, spend 2/3 days there, stay at Reflections (or is it too far out?)
- Fly to Chiang Mai, spend 2 days in town, then go trekking with Lisu Lodge (quite expensive) for 3 days ( i don;t know whether i'm being stupid paying so much for this...any other tips?)
- Travel to Chiang Kong, stay overnight at Bamboo lodges
- Cross into Laos, travel by slow boat to Luang Prabang for 2 days
- Spend 3 days in Luang Prabang
- Fly back to Bangkok, on down to Samui and on to Koh Tao
- Spend remainder chilling on Koh Tao, at Koh Tao Cabana
Any tips, hints or experiences so gratefully received!
Thank you! Cella
#1 cellabella has been a member since 23/2/2007. Posts: 10
Sounds very do-able to me (although I've not been over there since 95). I'm sure somebody else will be along to help out soon.
In the meantime there's plenty of tips and ideas on the site. Have a surf around take in the scenery............ ;-)
As Stevie says, that sounds totally doable. Reflextions isn't too far out at all. I can't comment on Lisu Lodge as I'm not sure what you're planning on doing with them, but I've heard good things about them.
Sounds like a good intro to the region!
#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
Send somtam2000 a private message Where has somtam2000 been? Website Twitter Facebook Flickr Google+ Instagram Pinterest
Thank you both so much, that is reassuring. As long as we don't get home breathless and exhausted from it all, then i think it sounds so cool - especially going to Laos in the middle.
Love the site by the way - you could say I am addicted. Not so good for work...!
#4 cellabella has been a member since 23/2/2007. Posts: 10