Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Posted by scomoore1 on 3/1/2012 at 12:27

I've been a travelfish user for a few years, and one of the things I REALLY liked about the Guides was the maps. For the past year, I've noticed that many of the Guides I've been using have yet to have maps. The maps are said to be "coming soon." I anticipate getting nasty responses for this impertinent question, but since I really would like to know whether to stop trying to rely on Travelfish for local maps, I'll ask anyway. How soon is 'soon?'

#1 scomoore1 has been a member since 30/7/2006. Posts: 33

Posted by busylizzy on 3/1/2012 at 13:22

I'm not sure why you think you will get a nasty response?! I have 3 favourite parts of the guide: the accom reviews, the 'things to do' section - and the maps. I totally agree with you and do nag poor Somtam about it every so often. Another voice to be heard is good!

The maps were dropped when the website was overhauled a year or so ago for practical and technical reasons that Somtam can explain. He promised (promised!!) that he would be looking into alternative solutions.

Somtam, I haven't nagged for 2 months now... consider yourself nagged. :-)

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.