Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Yoga in Thailand

Posted by Mirka on 12/1/2012 at 15:44

I am planning to go for a 5-6mth traveling through SE Asia in the beginning of Feb. One of the activities on my list is to stay for a couple of weeks in a tranquil place and have a wonderful yoga and meditation experience. I am not a yoga beginner but my boyfriend is quite green to yoga. So ideally I would like us both to enjoy the time. I heard that Thailand has plenty of spots like this. Has anyone can recommend a good place?
While browsing in the internet I find only luxury/expensive yoga retreats, which is not something the budget traveler looks for [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]. Maybe it is cheaper to do it in other countries like Cambodia? Bali will be perfect for this in any sense, but I will reach Indonesia only towards the end of my journey.

Appreciate any advises
In search for harmony,

#1 Mirka has been a member since 10/1/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by guava_girl on 12/1/2012 at 19:53

The best places for Yoga in Thailand (IMO) are Koh Phangan and Chang Mai. To do these on a budget you don't necessarily have to stay at a retreat, as plenty offer drop-in classes to the general public. If you choose a school that does not offer accomodations this may be even more ideal, as you can stay anywhere within your budget and still enjoy taking classes.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by Mirka on 14/1/2012 at 09:21

Thanks a lot for your advise, Koh Phangan looks like to be my choice!!!

#3 Mirka has been a member since 10/1/2012. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.