Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Storage for luggage?

Posted by xan310 on 16/1/2012 at 13:04

I am traveling with more luggage than I would like. I am staying in Thailand for at least 6 months and I plan to visit the neighboring countries, spend 2 weeks each. I don't want to drag all the luggage with me and don't want to keep paying for a room while I travel around.
Is there a safe luggage storage in Bangkok?

#1 xan310 has been a member since 10/1/2012. Posts: 14

Posted by Tilapia on 16/1/2012 at 14:05

Quite a few hotels will store luggage for you if 1) you stay with them and 2) stay with them when you come back. Most I've dealt with do this free of charge.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,507
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by xan310 on 16/1/2012 at 15:37

Thanks Tilapia. I would prefer to rent a locker, I will do what you suggested as a last resort. I did some searching in the forum and came up with .

#3 xan310 has been a member since 10/1/2012. Posts: 14

Posted by DebOnMission on 16/1/2012 at 17:46

Please let me know how bangkokselfstorage works for you as I had a similar issue on my recent trip to Cambodia and Thailand and this would be a nice fix for my next trip in a few months... !

#4 DebOnMission has been a member since 16/1/2012. Location: United States. Posts: 5
 Send DebOnMission a private message 

Posted by mnemeth on 16/1/2012 at 20:57

BTW: I read somewhere that you could not store electronics -- no laptops for instance. I'm guessing its not an actual locker. I've done this in Hong Kong and its just a storage area locked up at night.

#5 mnemeth has been a member since 11/1/2012. Posts: 18
 Send mnemeth a private message 

Posted by n8sand on 17/1/2012 at 01:46

One--short-term--option I used in the past was the luggage storage at Suvarnabhumi Airport. If you fly in/out, you can leave bags directly with them quickly and safely for a decent, daily rate. Though, I can't remember exactly the amount (40B/day-maybe?). It's great for short term travel, but that would get to be quite expensive in the long-term.

Khao san rd also has storage unit options, but I would be more concerned about safety issues there.

Keep doing some digging online, and you should be able to track down a cheap/safe/easily accessible storage unit somewhere in BKK.

#6 n8sand has been a member since 18/12/2010. Location: United States. Posts: 13
 Send n8sand a private message 

Posted by busylizzy on 17/1/2012 at 02:50

Just to clarify for n8sand, storage at the airport is 100thb/24 hours.

#7 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by sukandac on 29/1/2012 at 02:14

Not sure if you are going to Phuket but you can leave your luggage at My Storage they have lockers which can fit a lot and you can store your valuables because you will hold the key to your locker and it comes with insurance. Hope this helps.

#8 sukandac has been a member since 29/1/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.