Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

How big is Phuket

Posted by billygoat on 11/3/2007 at 11:41

Its a silly question but if somebody could help it would be great. Can anybody tell me how big Phuket is?? I have looked at this site which helps but it shows so many beaches in Phuket. Are all the beaches reasonibly close to each like Koh Samui or would it take some time to look around. I also was wanting to know where is the best place to go from the airport?? I am looking at booking accomidation once I arrive. Is this unwise??

Many thanks

#1 billygoat has been a member since 11/3/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/3/2007 at 18:36 admin

Hi Billygoat,

Tis a pretty big island, though you can ride it from top to tail in a day (by motorbike). The beaches run all the way along the west coast, but they're certainly not walking distance apart (except for Karon/Kata). Most people tend to set up camp at one beach or another and visit the other beaches on day trips.

Re booking ahead, if you're after budget accommodation and not travelling in peak season, then there's little need to book in advance.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Kristi on 13/3/2007 at 18:08

Don't miss Surin Beach. About 10minutes north of Patong by bike. Paradise without the tourists :)

#3 Kristi has been a member since 4/9/2006. Posts: 20
 Send Kristi a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.