Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand blasts: Iranian bomber injured in Bangkok - WHY?

Posted by chinarocks on 14/2/2012 at 07:43

Why would an Iranian crackpot want to attack the Thai police (other than becasue he's a crackpot)?

Should we read something more sinister into this after Iran's alleged proxy attack on Israeli diplomats yesterday in Georgia and India?

#1 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by time2fly on 14/2/2012 at 10:57

well he blew his legs off so thats good!!! I was reading that now.

I will be staying away from any possible Israeli targets when I am there!!!

#2 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112
 Send time2fly a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 14/2/2012 at 11:32

Well, having now established he was a crackpot (as oppossed to a state sponsored crackpot) we can assume:

1. He was targetting an Israeli something, because the government of Iran hates anything Israeli and is trying to make a point (you attack us and we'll blow your stuff up all over the world).

2. He was targetting a US something, because the government of Iran hates anything US and is trying to make a point (you attack us and we'll blow your stuff up all over the world).

3. He was really a supreme crackpot and took sympathy with his Muslim (albeit Sunni) brethren in southern Thailand and was trying to send a message to those idol worshipping, whore mongering, heathens that they can't kick Muslims around like that.

Pick your poison. Who cares? Certainly not me. What's important is less his motives, more his outcome.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by kapilpaul on 14/2/2012 at 12:54

Hey guys. Any curfew or restrictions for tourists? Reaching there this weekend. :)

#4 kapilpaul has been a member since 17/1/2012. Posts: 9
 Send kapilpaul a private message 

Posted by time2fly on 14/2/2012 at 13:33

nothing listed!!!

It appears this guy was running from Police and the frag "slipped" from his hands...

#5 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112
 Send time2fly a private message 

Posted by mnemeth on 22/2/2012 at 08:35

It's not what it seems as is often case with terrorism everywhere.

#6 mnemeth has been a member since 11/1/2012. Posts: 18
 Send mnemeth a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 22/2/2012 at 11:58

mnemeth - care to elaborate? It what respect is it not what it seems?

#7 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.