Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai cookery schools

Posted by kriskeogh on 16/2/2012 at 05:18

We were thinking of doing a cookery course whilst in Chiang Mai as we have three days there, the first of which is straight after coming up from Bangkok on the overnight train.

Has anyone been on any and is it worth doing whilst there or leave it and o it elsewhere, our trip takes in Bangkok (3 days), Kanchanaburi (2 days), Ko Chang (5 days) and Krabi (5 days) plus some overnight traveling too.

#1 kriskeogh has been a member since 16/11/2011. Posts: 34

Posted by JulietteR on 17/2/2012 at 01:02

Posted from within Vietnam.

i did a cooking class in Chiang Mai and really enjoyed it - i did the full day one at Sammy's Organic Farm (or something like that). The food was amazing, the people very nice... if you're thinking of doing a cooking class, I would say Chiang Mai is the place to do it! I haven't met a single person who wasn't happy with their class. There's tons of places in and around Chiang Mai (mine was on a farm about 30 min outside of town) and some have both full day and half day/night classes options.

I would also say you need more than 3 days in Chiang Mai :)

#2 JulietteR has been a member since 17/5/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 5
 Send JulietteR a private message   Where has JulietteR been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.