Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ideas for a birthday island?

Posted by wemaybesometime on 14/3/2007 at 22:24

My boyfriend and I arrive in Bangkok on 17th April to start our 6 months of travelling. It's my birthday and our anniversary on 23rd April and we want to go south to a nice island (picture postcard type hut on beach!). We're planning on leaving bangkok on 20th April and getting back there on 27th April to fly to Cambodia.

Any tips on where to go? how to get there? where to stay? etc - we're on a budget, but not scrimping too much for this week,

#1 wemaybesometime has been a member since 26/12/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/3/2007 at 12:17 admin

Hi Tara,

Arrgh, sorry for the late reply -- I thought there'd be some suggestions from others on this one!

If you're only going for a week and don't mind a splurge, Ko Mun Nork is a great option for say three days, and spend the other 3-4 days on either Ko Chang (could be a little wet) or Ko Samet. All three islands have picture-postcard beaches, Ko Mun Nork is very very little visited by westerners, but is lovely -- pack a few bottles of wine, a stack of good cheese and a few good books -- that's the kind of place it is! We're yet top send any friends there who have been disappointed...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.