Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Proof of onward travel on Air Asia?

Posted by JulietteR on 17/2/2012 at 01:06

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi- i'm sure this has been asked somewhere else before on this forum - but can't find it! Does anyone know if Air Asia requires proof of onward travel before boarding a plane to Thailand? I'm flying from Saigon to Bangkok on the 29th and was wondering if I should buy another plane ticket out of Thailand to be safe. I know Thai immigration doesn't ask for it (was in Thailand last month) but I've heard some airlines require it, so I just want to make sure.

Thanks!
-Juliette

#1 JulietteR has been a member since 17/5/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 5
 Send JulietteR a private message   Where has JulietteR been? 

Posted by DLuek on 17/2/2012 at 07:58 TF writer

Hi,

I've never been asked for proof by Air Asia nor heard of anyone who has. It seems that only the large mainstream airlines coming from outside SE Asia ask for proof. Of course, that's not a guarantee that they won't ask, but it is highly unlikely.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by busylizzy on 17/2/2012 at 15:44

I've never been asked when flying Air Asia within the SEA region, but I was asked when flying from New Zealand to KL.

I generally you are safe on flights between SEA countries, but don't assume so on long haul flights into SEA.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 17/2/2012 at 15:44

I've never been asked when flying Air Asia within the SEA region, but I was asked when flying from New Zealand to KL.

I generally you are safe on flights between SEA countries, but don't assume so on long haul flights into SEA.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Armando696 on 14/7/2014 at 17:26

I have made dozens of flights with Air Asia in SEA and India/Nepal, and I was never asked for proof of onward travel ticket.

#5 Armando696 has been a member since 15/4/2009. Location: Switzerland. Posts: 20
 Send Armando696 a private message   Where has Armando696 been? 

Posted by captainbkk on 16/7/2014 at 06:42

have been once-in SIN, holding a single into BKK-and had to sign a disclaimer. Did have a ticket out then on another airline-which they did not accept as enough proof.In INDIA check-in staff can be quite adamant, as it is needed for Indians using the real VoA procedure.

#6 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.