Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trips from Bangkok to Laos

Posted by Hammy98 on 17/2/2012 at 07:12

I will be in Thailand at the beginning of July and want to book a trip / tour that leaves Bangkok and goes to the North of Thailand and then into Laos.
The trips I have found through travel agents in the UK seem to be all around the £500 and up region.
Is anyone able to shed some light on booking trips / tours whilst I will be in Thailand and how much they are likely to cost?

Any information would be greatly received.

#1 Hammy98 has been a member since 27/12/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 1
 Send Hammy98 a private message 

Posted by chinarocks on 17/2/2012 at 08:14

I would seriously recommend doing it independently without the aid of a tour group.

SE Asia is generally very safe, you will save yourself lots of money and you won't be rushing around so much. These tours typically only spend 2-3 days in each place and bring you to sanitised restaurants etc, away from the real heartbeat of a place. SE Asia is about being chilled out and not watching the clock.

In addition, getting around and booking stuff yourself could not be easier. There is somebody for everything in this part of the world.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.