Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Training for fire spinning(poi)

Posted by jonnymac on 17/2/2012 at 12:17

Hey everyone,

Last time I was in Thailand I learned to spin fire poi and have been doing it ever since. I am flying to Thailand in April and want to find somewhere where I can harden my skills. Does anyone know of anywhere I can go to learn more, ie resort or guesthouse. I learned in Phi Phi island at Stones Bar but don't think I want to go back to Phi Phi.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Jonny Mac

#1 jonnymac has been a member since 4/11/2011. Posts: 18
 Send jonnymac a private message 

Posted by jonnymac on 20/2/2012 at 13:22

I'm surprised no body has any recommendations on where to learn more about fire spinning?? Seemed pretty popular last time I was there. Any help would be awesome!!

Jonny mac

#2 jonnymac has been a member since 4/11/2011. Posts: 18
 Send jonnymac a private message 

Posted by LJN on 14/4/2014 at 06:53

Hi ! did you have any luck finding any good courses? I'm going to Thailand in June/July this year, and would love to do a fire poi course, as i have never been professionally trained, and want to start performing and gigging. Was the course in Phi Phi good? could you possibly send me a link to the website? I am having trouble trying to find any fire courses anywhere :(

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you

#3 LJN has been a member since 14/4/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by cjl85 on 3/3/2015 at 09:31

Hi there!

I too would be interested to hear back on this!
Recently took part in a partner poi workshop and am so very much hoping to meet some spinners on my SE Asia travel/workaway adventure between May/Dec 2015... ready to teach the basics and train in beautiful locations. Workshops would be great of course... but for now just happy to meet other spinners on the way... so what my chances you think?

What poi-toy's you take with you? Wondering to take my pod poi in addition to my contacts... but weight weight weight ...

#4 cjl85 has been a member since 3/3/2015. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.