Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Songkran in Bangkok

Posted by jenc12 on 28/2/2012 at 09:51

Do things in Bangkok shut down during Songkran? I want to take part in Songkran festivities, of course, but it is also my only time in Bangkok during my trip so if attractions, markets, etc are closed down I will perhaps arrive before the 13th...

Thanks so much!

#1 jenc12 has been a member since 7/2/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by captainbkk on 1/3/2012 at 01:40

yes and no. Just use that brain:
if near half of all people go elsewhere-do you think they will have open as normal all ''things''?
BUT; only stoopid farang seem to think there is just 1 market. There are in fact 100+-though not all will cater to your exquisite taste of copycat branded labels and Singh-lookalike T-shirts, etc. Even on that big weekendmarket-of the perhaps 100 jeansstalls-normally there will be 80 open and then perhaps 30-40: do you feel that is too small choice? Anyway- you cannot avoid being soaking wet all the time -have fun shopping that way.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.