Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Multipule entry visa

Posted by Joanna_S on 1/3/2012 at 07:05

I am going to visit SE Asia next year and am planning to go to go to:
-Bangkok - flight- Burma
-Burma-flight-Bangkok
-Bangkok-land-Laos
-Laos-land-Vitenam
-Vietnam-flight-Bangkok
-Bangkok-land or flight-south of Thailand
At the end of the trip we want to stay in Thailand for around a month.
The question is: do we need visa every time we enter Thailand? Will we get a new one when we come back from Vietnam as I'm sure the one we get at the beginning won't be enough.

#1 Joanna_S has been a member since 1/3/2012. Posts: 28

Posted by DLuek on 1/3/2012 at 08:33 TF writer

If you fly into Thailand from anywhere you get 30 days visa free, so since you're planning to fly in every time you will get 30 days every time you enter, and you won't need a visa unless you want to stay longer than 30 days at any given time.

If you want to stay in Thailand longer than 30 days at the end of your trip you should pick up a single entry tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Vietnam (Saigon or Hanoi depending on where you're going). The visa is supposedly good for 60 days although the ones I've gotten recently have been for 90.

Also worth noting that if you decide to enter Thailand by land you only get 15 days visa free, 30 only if flying in.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Joanna_S on 2/3/2012 at 07:32

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

#3 Joanna_S has been a member since 1/3/2012. Posts: 28

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.