Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Help emergency

Posted by bekkismi on 21/3/2012 at 08:45

Hello I'm in Thailand and my bank card has gone missing so I'm tring to go home early but aparantly it's going to cost me over 300 quid to change my flight through budget air! Can anyone give me any advise? It would be very much aprieciated x

#1 bekkismi has been a member since 20/7/2011. Posts: 6
 Send bekkismi a private message 

Posted by tyler on 21/3/2012 at 08:55

Where are you? Have you tried to contact your country's embassy/consulate... They will surely help to contact your family at home who can wire you some money or pay for the change from wherever they are.

#2 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Send tyler a private message   Where has tyler been? 

Posted by bekkismi on 21/3/2012 at 09:13

Thanx I have contacted my family and they will pay but still want to go home sooner i didn't think it would be so expensive to change flight! X

#3 bekkismi has been a member since 20/7/2011. Posts: 6
 Send bekkismi a private message 

Posted by tyler on 21/3/2012 at 09:18

Yeah, it can be expensive depending on the airline. Singapore Airlines is the only airline that will let me change a flight back to North America for free. EVA wants close to $400us to stay a week longer but won't fly me to my original destination! Budget crushers!
Good luck getting home.

#4 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Send tyler a private message   Where has tyler been? 

Posted by captainbkk on 23/3/2012 at 09:13

nonsense again of tyler- this all depends on what type of ticket you booked. ANY airlien has fares that allow changes without penalty or with lower - again: LOOk and read before you buy. and do not panick so easily.

#5 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.