Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Siem Reap - Bangkok..Onward ticket required?!!

Posted by jbolger on 26/3/2007 at 17:23

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is necessary to have an onward flight ticket out of Thailand when travelling from Siem Reap to Bangkok?

The only flight that i have booked is from Singapore to Sydeny a few weeks after i arrive in Bangkok from Cambodia.

It's just that i seen a statement on the AirAsia website talking about needing an onward ticket when going from Cambodia to Thailand...

Thanks very much,
John

#1 jbolger has been a member since 2/10/2006. Posts: 4

Posted by GussieG on 26/3/2007 at 19:18

In theory to qualify for a 30-day visa on arrival in Bangkok you are supposed to have a confirmed onward flight from Thailand within the 30 days. However, I have never heard of anyone being checked. Similarly, AirAsia could technically refuse to fly you if you don't meet the Thailand entry criteria, as they are responsible for flying you out again if you are refused entry. Again, I have never heard of anyone checking. I flew Airasia from PP to BKK last November, and was never challenged.

#2 GussieG has been a member since 9/9/2006. Posts: 24

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/3/2007 at 23:37 admin

Hi John,

I agree with #1-- I've never ever been asked for an onward ticket, though by the book, you're supposed to have one... if it comes to the crunch, tell them you're travelling overland to Singapore.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by jbolger on 2/4/2007 at 15:52

Thanks very much for your response, you's reaffirmed what i was thinking!

#4 jbolger has been a member since 2/10/2006. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.