Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Phangan

Posted by citi009 on 20/4/2012 at 23:09

Is it worth going for koh phangan full moon party during month of either june or july.....Any one going that month please let me know....searching for company...

#1 citi009 has been a member since 20/4/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 14/5/2012 at 03:46

Well unlike the Andaman or eastern Gulf that area tends to have pretty dry weather that time of year. And Phangan is a real nice island. Plus most people should experience the FMP at least once. So sure it is worth it.

There are some real nice traveller-oriented beaches just north of Had Rin - Had Yuan, Had Thian and Had Wai Nam. Even if on your own it will be easy to mix with others - hint, find the sitting platform on the rocks to left of Bamboo Bungalow's restaurant on the southern headland of Had Yuan; this place becomes a sort of gathering place for travellers from the 3 beaches (easy to walk between) after sunset. Quite a few of these people were going to head for the party when I was there a few weeks back - maybe a different crew when you are there but I suspect the same routine.

No matter what beach you are on in Phangan there will be people heading for the party and transport laid on that particular night.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.