Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Island route advice

Posted by Jenn80 on 18/5/2012 at 22:03

Hi again,
Could anyone advise me of a cheap time effective route to see the islands? I am in Patong at the moment an will need to be back here by the end of the month. I would like to fit in Krabi, phi phi, Samui and Phangan. Where should I go to first?
Thanks for any advice
Cheers,
Jen

#1 Jenn80 has been a member since 18/4/2012. Location: Australia. Posts: 12
 Send Jenn80 a private message 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 19/5/2012 at 05:49

There are certainly a lot cheaper destinations than Patong, Phi Phi and Samui, but understandably you have to come back to Patong later. At least for now I'd head off Phuket to Krabi and then places like Tonsai near Ao Nang or Ko Lanta where there are still cheap beach huts. Or if the weather is bad cross coasts and get up to Ko Phangan which also has cheap bungalows. May is a pretty unpredictable month weather-wise.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by longbeach on 20/5/2012 at 06:23

Phi Phi is the closest so go there first. Then go to Krabi or Lanta. The later being quiet if you want that or if not skip that. From Krabi you need to bus/ferry it to Samui and KPN then back again. Any travel agent can book a transfer.

#3 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.