Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hua Lamphong train station to Suvarnabhumi airport?

Posted by Emma23 on 23/5/2012 at 05:44

Hello,

I'm getting rather frustrated trawling the web for answers to here's to all you experts out there! I have a flight out of Bangkok at 01:30 on August 21st, if I leave Ayutthaya at 18:53 and get into Hua Lamphang train station at 20:25 does that give me much time or am I cutting it a bit fine? Enough time in Europe but in Thailand!!
Simple question I know but how can I get from the train station (Hua Lamphang) to the international airport? From what i can see it's not on the skyrail link?? How far is the airport from the train station? Help appreciated please.

Thank you

#1 Emma23 has been a member since 13/4/2012. Posts: 13

Posted by goonistik on 23/5/2012 at 08:48

It is possible to take the Metro to connect to the rail link. Take the subway from Hualomphong to Petchaburi and than walk to Makkasan Station of the Skyrail.

See route map here.
http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/images/master_routemap_nov2010_ok.jpg

You can also take a cab as there is an entry to the expressway near Hualomphong.

It also seems to be possible to get off at Bang Sue Train station instead of Hualomphong. See here:
http://thaitransit.blogspot.com/2008/05/srt-bang-sue-junction-and-station.html

See the BTS map above to help guide you.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by DLuek on 24/5/2012 at 11:13 TF writer

Five hours should be plenty, and it's not too difficult. Use MRT/BTS/Airport Link as shown in goonistik's post (there are a few ways to do it), or if you don't want the hassle of changing train lines just hop in a taxi and say "suvarnabhumi". A taxi will run about 250 to 300 baht, and you'll probably have to pay 50 to 100 baht in tolls along the way. Trains will cost a little under 100 baht total.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.