Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai SIM card for mobile

Posted by chrisb4 on 4/6/2012 at 11:49

Hello everyone, this is just a quick question. I am visiting Thailand, and regarding making phone calls within Thailand (i.e. from my mobile to friends who are also travelling in Thailand with myself), not international calls, I understand I can purchase a Thai SIM card for Thai domestic calls from most 711 stores over there? Is this correct?

Thanks

Chris B

#1 chrisb4 has been a member since 9/5/2012. Posts: 13

Posted by KirstyB on 4/6/2012 at 20:48

Yes, that's correct - from 7/11's and plenty of other places too ......

#2 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Send KirstyB a private message   Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by goonistik on 4/6/2012 at 23:41

Yes. Just verify that your phone is unlocked. Many carriers still try to prevent people from putting in a different sim.

The GSM phones from North America operate on different frequencies so check your phone's compatibility if you are from there.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by altmtl on 5/6/2012 at 04:03

You can get it at the airport when you arrive also, yes an unlocked & tri or quad band phone.

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 996
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by RiniRabbit on 9/8/2012 at 23:40

Hi Chris
Yes, You can buy SIM Card from 7-11, Mobile store.
It's easy to find because they have a lots of 7-11 in Thailand. :P

#5 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by jjpeter11 on 17/9/2012 at 08:16

Yes, Its correct chrisb4. If you purchase an International Roaming SIM when you travel, instead of taking your Thai mobile with you , then you should save at least 70% or more. I am sure that you would rather keep your money in your pocket., I'm using holidayphone during my foreign tour. They providing cheap and best services. SIM card for Thailand

#6 jjpeter11 has been a member since 7/1/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by bedu on 23/9/2012 at 13:17

Yep 7-11 sell them or go to any major shopping mall has phone companies centre, where you can get a SIM.
You can buy phone credit from 7-11 as well.
You can get your phone unlocked at MBK shopping centre.
If you plan to call home, buy a CAT Phonenet card, it makes it fairly cheap to call home.

#7 bedu has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 58

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.