We are planning a 2 week trip to Thailand and really want to do the following (but not sure if its possible in such a short trip).
* LDN - BKK (stay 2 nights)
* BKK - Trat (flight) then ferry to Ko Chang (stay Ko Chang 6 nights)
* Ko Chang - Phi Phi Don: is this doable in 1 day? From research we can get a 10am flight from Trat - Phuket (via BKK looks like the only option - landing 2pm) but not sure if this will be too late to do the onward journey to Phi Phi as we can't find a ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi any later than 2pm which is obv too late. Does anyone know of any later ferries or alternate routes?
* We plan to stay on Phi Phi Don for 5 nights
* Finally ferry from Phi Phi Don - Phuket (1 nights stay in Phuket)
* Next day late afternoon: Flights Phuket - BKK - LDN
Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We have done alot of research but it's difficult when we've never been there & have no idea what the internal ferries & flights are like. We don't want to spend the entire trip travelling but we want to make the most of our time there & try to cram lots in.
Thank you all in advance,
#1 MissLJM has been a member since 25/6/2012. Posts: 1
Phuket airport is about 40 minutes from the pier minimum that time of day. You can charter speedboats for the trip but they would cost a bomb and frankly, I'd avoid speedboats in the afternoon any time before maybe January - the sea can get real rough and the trip could be wet, uncomfortable and even dangerous (several Thai speedboats have broken up in rough conditions over the past few years).
Why not spend your day of Phuket arrival at a nice beach - maybe a different one to where you aim to spend you last night? Nai Thon just south of the airport is a nice one and the midrange Naithonburi has free airport pick up and drop off - plus bargain discount rates in low season (say before early November).
Crazy plan. Phi Phi isn't that good. Snorkelling is good but otherwise it's expensive and dull.
I'd pick Chang/Kood or Krabi/Phi Phi.
#4 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307