Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

VISA question for Thailand

Posted by RC2012 on 9/7/2012 at 05:47

Hey, I've booked a 1 way ticket arriving BKK in Aug, I've gone 1 way as I have enough money saved and not planning anything until im there, I will also be getting the 30 day visa on arrival - Has anyone done this recently on a 1 way ticket from the UK? I have spoke to my airline who said if I can prove I have sufficient funds I will be fine with a 1 way ticket even without onwards travel however the Thai embassy told me I wont be allowed to board the plane without proof of onwards travel? My friends have all said I will be fine just explain my route as I will be travelling by land, but im still unsure...

Thanks

#1 RC2012 has been a member since 5/4/2012. Posts: 20
 Send RC2012 a private message 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 9/7/2012 at 07:56

The problem is no one can 100% guarantee one way or another - that you will or will not have a problem boarding the flight from the UK. Some airline staff on the phone or some cleric at the embassy can tell you their interpretation of current policy, but in my experience it's pretty hit and miss. The 30-day visa exemption is intended for people with return airfare within 30 days. The easiest way of removing the guesswork is get a Thai tourist visa in advance. This is advisable for anyone going to Thailand on an open plan. Single entry costs just 25 quid at the consulate in Hull. http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.