Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel from Koh Phangan to Cambodia

Posted by mica_aka on 11/7/2012 at 16:19

Me and my friend are going to be in Thailand on 8th December traveling and will be heading over to Cambodia in January.

Our final destination before Cambodia will be Koh Phangan for NYE of course we have to be there for The Full Moon Party.

We need to book a ticket before we arrive in Thailand to prove were leaving the country which we are and need advise on where to book a boat, train or bus from Koh Phangan to Cambodia.

Could anyone help us and point us in the right direction so we can get it booked :)

Cannot wait to get over there!

#1 mica_aka has been a member since 24/6/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by enigmatic on 12/7/2012 at 02:02

If you've got loadsamoney you could fly to Cambodia from Samui

Otherwise go via Bangkok.
Unless you're desperately short of time you can do bus/boat for the entire journey, stopping for a night in Bangkok for a rest. The requirement for a ticket to leave Thailand is theoretical for your average Western tourist: if the airline insist on you buying one get the cheapest fully refundable ticket you can and get the refund once in Thailand.

#2 enigmatic has been a member since 14/4/2011. Posts: 84

Posted by mica_aka on 16/7/2012 at 08:38

Do you know any websites online where I can buy bus/ boat tickets in advanced? Dont know which ones are legit?

#3 mica_aka has been a member since 24/6/2012. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.