Me and my husband will be travelling Thailand from India in Jan 2013 between23rd Jan and 1st Feb. We have got our hotel bookings done already. Ouritinerary is :
- 23rd Jan we reach Bangkok,
- 23rd Jan - Travel fromBangkok to Phuket,
- 24th Jan - 26th Jan Phuket
- 27th Jan - Travel fromPhuket to Koh Samui
- 28th Jan -31st Jan Koh Samui.
- 1st Feb Travel from KohSamui to Bangkok.
Would need your help onfollowing bits -
1. Activities in Phuket &Koh Samui.
2. How do we travel from:
- Bangkok - Phuket,
- Phuket - Koh Samui
- Koh Samui - Bangkok.
Please advise as to how shouldwe plan our travel - cab / bus / flight / train? How much time does it takewith different mediums for above mentioned routes? If possible give us anapproximation on cost as well?
3. Which are nearby islandsthat can be visited during the stay at Koh Samui. What is the distance andadvise on connectivity as well?
4. What would an average day in these two locations cost (Phuket and KohSamui)? (excluding accommodation)
5. Any suggestions to first time travelers?
#1 sheetalvishnoi has been a member since 30/7/2012. Posts: 2
Hi Leonard Chohen
Thanks for the reply.
We would be on our honeymoon trip, hence selected the locations.
However, it would be really helpful if you could give us some insight on the costing of mode of travel between the mentioned locations.
#3 sheetalvishnoi has been a member since 30/7/2012. Posts: 2
Flights need pre-booking but if you train or bus its a lot cheaper and you dont need to book
have a look at
http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm for trains and buses go every hour from the southern bus station, i would recommend travelling overnight to save time, or if you can afford to fly costs currently are around
BKK- Phuket 51
look on sky scanner, flying is a lot easier and saves so much time
Costs vary on Phuket and Samui but can be keep very cheap depending on tastes and location, for example English food is always expensive but if you like Thai food you can pay as little as $1-2
#5 guernseydan has been a member since 26/12/2010. Posts: 52
also investing in a lonely planet guide might be helpful has useful info on both places!
#6 guernseydan has been a member since 26/12/2010. Posts: 52
How to travel from BKK - Phuket .
- If you want to save your time you have to go by plane and for save your budget you can booking ticket AirAsia (cheaper, look for promotion) or other option is NokAir.
How to travel from Phuket - Koh Samui.
- You can take Bus it in Phuket town (bus station) ,cost about 300 - 500baht
just leave early morning because will takes 4-5 hours to Samui.
How to travel from Koh Samui - Bangkok.
- For save your time back by plane just 1 hour.
- or you can take Bus to BKK but it's gonna take time.
(I drive from BKK and cross to Samui about 7 hours)
Both is good for snorkeling.
-Phuket you can do Diving,Canoe Kayak,Sailing,Golf,Spa,visit other Island (Koh Phi Phi)
-Koh Samui this is good to visit Ang Thong National Marine Park, Koh Tao,Koh Nang Yuan,also these can do one day trip. [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
hope this could help.
#7 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78