Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum


Posted by withshoeson on 25/4/2007 at 18:48

Hi everyone,

Ive just bought a return ticket to bangkok, but its for 85 days, and recently there has been talk of showing onward air travel with in 30 days.
when i went through Thai immigration at the start of the year i didnt have to show them any proof of anything(though i was only staying for three days).

here is my q. i want to do the poipet border crossing but, will it be safer to buy a ticket to phnom penh before i leave?

any other ways to show onward travel?
(im flying from Aust if that helps)


#1 withshoeson has been a member since 31/3/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/4/2007 at 08:38 admin

If you've got a ticket out of Thailand -- even 85 days later, I think you'll be fine. If they give you a hard time (unlikely) tell them you've overlanding to Malaysia (or soemwhere) for a month in between so you'll never be in Thailand for more than 30 days...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,937
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.