Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to windsurf in Thailand?

Posted by Tom1985 on 17/8/2012 at 23:38

Hello!

I'm off to Thailand shortly, and one of the things I want to do in life generally, is learn to windsurf - clearly this is an opportunity!

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go in Thailand for this? And any schools in particular? I'm also very lastminute.com, so off tomorrow!

Tom

#1 Tom1985 has been a member since 16/8/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by indigobaabs on 19/8/2012 at 02:31

Koh Phangan has windsurfing lessons etc at Cookies Bungalow in the Bantai area, but you'll nead to check the weather because KP's rainy season differs from the rest of the country. I was there jan-march and saw plenty of windsurfers and kite surfers daily. I think the island offers windsurfing in a few other areas as well, like Baan Manali in Thongsala. Just ask around. Also neighboring island Koh Tao offers windsurfing and Phuket as well.

#2 indigobaabs has been a member since 19/8/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by RiniRabbit on 20/8/2012 at 05:29

Hi
If you don't want to go far around pattaya beach is okay
in Jomtien Beach it's like water sport club.

#3 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by tezza on 28/8/2012 at 05:56

I stayed a few days at Nai Yang beach near the airport on Phuket last May. The wet season winds had already kicked in and the kite surfers were going berserk - that village seems to be a kite surfing center. Nice enough beach, lotsa cheap and better restaurants, plenty of accommodation in all price ranges.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by tezza on 28/8/2012 at 05:57

Oh yeah, there were instructors working the beach.

#5 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.