Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trang to La-Ngu to Islands

Posted by Tommyguns11 on 2/9/2012 at 20:27

Hello,

What's the best way to get from Trang airport to La-Ngu to visit the islands Koh Adang and Koh Lipe? Bus, minivan options are great, but I have no clue where to find a schedule! Any advice or help would be great! Thanks!

Also, island hopping from Koh Tarutao or similar island to Koh Lao Liang? Possible via ferry or long boat? Again, thanks!

Tom

#1 Tommyguns11 has been a member since 2/9/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 2/9/2012 at 23:38

One time I grabbed a Satun bus from Trang bus station. The main road to Satun branches left a few km short of La Ngu, but the buses continue into town and then loop back. Ask to be put out where you can get a songthaew to the pier at Pak Bara (about another 15km from memory). Lotsa other transport guys will approach you - a motorcycle taxi bloke offered me a good deal so I went that way.

But I still reckon the easiest way to access the islands is to go to one of the travel agents opposite Trang railway station and get one of their minibus/boat tickets. KK Travel is the main agent for the minibuses and I've always had good minibus/boat service from them at non-ripoff prices, but I hear the very efficient head lady has left to set up her own operation. No matter, I've used a number of the adjacent places over the years and they all seem pretty good.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.