Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Multiple Entry Thailand Visa??

Posted by pilki03 on 12/9/2012 at 10:01

Me and my girlfriend are flying out to asia in november for 7 weeks. We have a flights booked to bangkok on 18 nov then an outbound flight 7 weeks later on 7jan to australia.

We plan to visit cambodia, vietnam, laos in the 7 weeks but need to get back to bangkok on 7Jan for our flight to australia.

Would we need a multiple entry visa to enter thailand when we land and then enter thailand again to spend the remaining of our 7 weeks and catch our flight out? If so were is the best place and cheapest place to get this?

#1 pilki03 has been a member since 12/9/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 12/9/2012 at 10:30 TF writer

Most nationalities get 30 days if flying in or 15 days if coming overland visa free any time entering Thailand. So if not planning to stay in Thailand longer than that in any one shot then you won't need a visa at all.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,304
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by Captain_Bob on 13/9/2012 at 08:04

A long list of nationalities qualify for visa-exempt entry to Thailand, 30 days by air 15 days by land. See

Try to plan it so you only need 15 days more in Thailand after returning from Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos, presumably by land.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,950

Posted by pilki03 on 18/9/2012 at 09:25

It would probably be a good idea to get back to thailand by air then and get a 30 days visa as 15 days may cut it a bit short.

Would it just be visa on arrival the same as cambodia and laos?

#4 pilki03 has been a member since 12/9/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Sampan on 18/9/2012 at 19:44

No, as long as the country stated (in your passport) as your home country is in the list Captain_Bob liked to, you're exempted from the need of getting an entry visa. You will get 30 days (or 15 if crossing by land) on arrival. No cost, no papers, just a stamp in your passport.

Hope it helps.

#5 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 111
 Send Sampan a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.