Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best beach between Phuket and Bangkok for chill

Posted by fontbleu on 14/9/2012 at 00:12

Hi guys,

after 11 months of travel in SE Asia I am flying home, out of Bangkok in early October. I fly into Phuket mid Sept and am making my way north for my flight, and would like to know of any really nice beach spots that are very quiet, very chilled, cheap and safe for 10 days of chilling and reflection. Ko Turatao is kind of what I'm looking for, but having been there already I'd like to try somewhere new....

Any shouts much appreciated, FB

#1 fontbleu has been a member since 22/2/2012. Posts: 17
 Send fontbleu a private message 

Posted by clarissjavier on 14/9/2012 at 01:25

HI!

This might help you --> Best Beaches in SouthEast Asia

Have fun!

#2 clarissjavier has been a member since 12/9/2012. Posts: 3
 Website 

Posted by michelleclark on 17/11/2012 at 00:48

The clear blue waters, white sands and the coconut trees swarming the beaches of Koh Samui, makes them the beach lovers' paradise.The island of Samui has something to offer for everyone.

Koh Samui beaches

#3 michelleclark has been a member since 17/11/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by forestmat on 17/11/2012 at 05:03

Not sure it's the "coconut trees swarming the beaches of Koh Samui" as the touts and tourists myself. Personally having discovered the east coast beaches of Baan Krut (variously spelt Ban Krut, ban Krood, ban Krud) and Bang Saphan, I wouldn't go anywhere near those islands anymore. I lived on Koh Pha Ngan for a year back in 1994 and these islands are much changed now. Hop off the bus or train at Bang Saphan, get a short ride 5km to the beach - its relaxing and clean.

#4 forestmat has been a member since 24/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 9
 Send forestmat a private message   Twitter 

Posted by tezza on 18/11/2012 at 00:39

Whoa! This is a tough one depending on which way you go - up the Andaman coast or across to the southern Gulf. Okay - let's try both:
- up the Andaman coast. I'm thinking those places on Ko Phra Thong - Mr Choi's, Nature Beach and No Name (budget) or Golden Budha (mid range) most meets this ask. If you want something with a few more travellers but still laid back - anywhere on little Ko Chang Andaman style.
- southern Gulf. Got to be Had Wai Nam on the lower east coast of Phangang. Lotsa other Phangan places go close - maybe you could do some research into Bottle Beach, Coral Beajh and Than Sadet. Mea Had in the north west of Phangan would do it too.

#5 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.