Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Extended stay in Railay/Krabi - advice

Posted by Lachmantf on 24/9/2012 at 00:18

Hi All,

Im heading to the land of smiles in mid November and plan on getting a tourist visa for 60 days. If all goes well and I settle in and meet good people, I'll look to extend this for an extra 30 days.

I am planning on flying into Krabi , however I could make it Phuket. My plans are still in their infancy at this stage, but my hope is to "set up" in one area and really get to know the place. I was thinking Railay initially, but I'm concerned it might be a little bit small.

Basically, I've been to Thailand a few times before and have stayed in Chang Mai, Bangkok, Pattaya, Koh Samui, Phi Phi, Phulket, Patong and Koh Phangan.

I'm not looking for a party scene, just an interesting place where I can experience the local culture and natural beauty and hopefully meet alot of people.

Any advice on locations around Krabi / Railay and ideas on meeting ppl ect much appreciated !
Cheers

#1 Lachmantf has been a member since 20/9/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 24/9/2012 at 10:10

Railay is small with limited food choices. Stay over at Ao Nang or Nopphorat. Krabi Town is pretty cool too - better Thai food there. The beach areas have lots of european food.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by RiniRabbit on 24/9/2012 at 22:48

Hi
Agree with above, you can stay at Ao Nang and visit Railay , there is long trail boat to there in 10 mins , you also can visit PraNan cave , Koh Poda,Koh Khai and Koh Hong (recommend to see) from Ao Nang and Nopphorat beach.
In Krabi also have nice place like Sa Kaeo to visit, so don't miss this. (:

#3 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by waytogo on 12/10/2012 at 15:39

Railay is definitely too small/boring for a long-term stay IMO, unless you're a climber or a hermit.

#4 waytogo has been a member since 1/12/2011. Posts: 25
 Send waytogo a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.