Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

phuket or koh samui?

Posted by desigurl82 on 4/5/2007 at 11:25

I am planning on traveling with a friend to either one of these two islands for 3 days, but i'm having trouble deciding which island to go to. I'm going at the end of august and so I'm concerned about weather and wanted to know which one would be better in that regard. I also was wondering which one has better beaches or if they are comparable. We're looking for a place with nice beaches and snorkling and with some good restaurants and bars around. Also, lastly, which beaches in phuket and koh samui would anyone reccommend?? ... THANKS SO MUCH!!

#1 desigurl82 has been a member since 3/5/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 7/5/2007 at 01:28

Hello,

Not much difference in the 2 islands really. Phuket is slightly more expensive for somethings and both are very touristy. I would rather go to Samui myself as its smaller and easier to explore. If you decide to go to Samui check out 'Tong Ta Kian Villas' inbetween Lami and cheweng. Quite, Nice beach good bungalows and rent the motobikes from him and explore! :)

Antony.

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/5/2007 at 07:56 admin

Good answer there by Antony -- Thong Ta Kian villas is indeed a terrific spot. If you lean towards Phuket, consider Kata or Kamala Beaches.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.