Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai trekking tours

Posted by sunday_stroll on 9/10/2012 at 21:00

Hello!

For those of you that have taken a trekking tour from Chiang Mai, which tour companies would you recommend for a 2 or 3 day trek and what would be considered a reasonable price?
I'm not looking to skimp on price but also don't want to be overcharged!

Also, would I be better off organising it once I'm there or are there some companies I can book online with? Will be there early January.

Many thanks!

#1 sunday_stroll has been a member since 19/12/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by RiniRabbit on 9/10/2012 at 21:55

Hi
you can book when you get there
maybe you can check on this site first , all tour will have similar programs ,prices it might be different.
www.mychiangmaitour.com/treking

#2 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Posted by caseyprich on 9/10/2012 at 22:36

I highly recommend Pooh Eco Travel. The tours are much different than the usual package you find at many of the tour spots in Chiang Mai, and don't include the bamboo rafting and elephant riding which I abhor. Rather you hike with some nice people, stay overnight with a friendly local family, if you're in the mood some serious drinking can take place, and then some more great food and so on. An adventure and a very knowledgeable guide. The price was a little higher than most other treks, but a more authentic experience. If you try to arrange ahead of time that may make for a larger group (they max at 6 I think) so that you wouldn't have to pay as much per person.

http://www.pooh-ecotrekking.com/index.html

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 11/10/2012 at 11:09

I'd rather ride an elephant and a raft than visit some smelly bat cave. Those tours dont sound very good at all.

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by exacto on 11/10/2012 at 14:34

Great suggestion from casey.

Another option might be to check out the trekking tours on offer at Ginny House in Chiang Mai and let them know what kind of tour you are seeking. If you do, say hello to Captain Bob for me. Ginny House is listed on Travelfish, or you can go directly to their website at: http://www.chiang-mai.org/ginny-house.html

Regards.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,651
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by EmwanderEr on 13/10/2012 at 05:43

Hi, there you can check this out. http://www.chiangmai1.com/tours/trekking-tours.shtml. I'll check their trekking package adventure too, when I get their on Feb 2013. :)

#6 EmwanderEr has been a member since 10/10/2012. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.